Scheme for computerization of records of the State Waqf
Boards during 2009-2012
The Joint Parliamentary on Waqf submitted its 9th report to Parliament
on 23.10.2008. The Joint Parliamentary Committee on Waqf in its 9th Report
recommended computerization of the records of State Waqf Boards at an
estimated cost of Rs.25 Crore. The proposal was considered in the Ministry.
The Prime Minister has approved the proposal and a token provision of Rs 10
Crore has also been made in BE 2009-10.
The Waqf properties are spread out all over the country but even the basic
survey of waqf properties have not been done in most States. There is hardly
any development of waqf properties and a very substantial income that the
waqf properties could have generated for the welfare schemes of the community
are lost because of non-development and large scale encroachment of waqf
Therefore, to streamline record keeping, introduce transparency,
and to computerize the various functions/processes of the Waqf Boards and to
develop a single web based centralized application, Joint Parliamentary
Committee on Waqf, in its Ninth Report, recommended computerization of the
records of the State Waqf Boards and Central financial assistance to the these
The broad objectives of computerizing the records of the State Waqf
- Properties Registration Management
- Muttawalli Returns Management
- Leasing of Properties Management
- Litigations Tracking Management
- Documents Archiving & Retrieval Management
- GIS of Waqf Properties
- Funds Management to Mosques, Durgah, Kabristan, Imams,
Muazzins, Widows, Girls Marriages, Scholarships, Schools, Hospitals,
Dispensaries, Musafirkhanas, Skill Development Centres, etc.
- Loans Management for Development Of Urban Waqf properties
- Right to information Act compliance
3. The computerization aims to achieve phase-wise objectives. In the
First Phase, objectives are as under:
- Ensuring proper survey and cross checking of Waqf data from
various computer data bases maintained at the state level, such as by
Revenue Departments etc.
- Improving office efficiency and preparation of timely reports on
various administrative matters.
- Creation of a centralized and web-enabled data base for use by
various stake holders.
- Properties Registration Management of Waqf Boards.
- Muttawalli Returns Management system.
- Leasing of Properties Management system.
- Litigations Tracking Management system.
- Documents Archiving & Retrieval Management system.